Front Ruger Sights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakeman

I have a Ruger Security Six with adjustable
rear sights, and a front sight with a red insert.
The red plastic part has faded and I would like to replce it with a yellow one.
(Somebody told me, that was the best color?)
Does anybody know where I can find a replacement part.(Through the mail?)
Snakeman

------------------

I don't know where you can buy a new yellow-insert front sight for your Ruger (the factory could probably supply a replacement in red; maybe other colors too.) My inclination if I were in your shoes, would be to fabricate my own insert. I have done this many times. Pry or dig the old insert out of its mortise in the sight blade and clean up with acetone or similar. Mix up a little two-part five-minute epoxy with a dollop of (yellow) Testor's model enamel. If the enamel has separated, so much the better: pour off the solvent part of the paint and mix in the pigment only. Make a dam on the sides of the sight with tape, and fill the notch with a drop of the mixture. After it jells to rubber texture, but before it hardens completely, trim the blob to the surface of the sight blade with a new SHARP razor blade. I have even filed notches in non-insert sights to do this. Easy. BTW, as sight inserts go, I prefer white.) slabsides

------------------
An armed man is a citizen; an unarmed man is a subject; a disarmed man is a slave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back