From Brass Stacker: Mosin Cocking Knob Safety Pull Ring

Josh Smith

Hello,

I just received on of these in the mail, and thought I'd share. I have no financial interest in Brass Stacker; they just make good stuff!

packaged.jpg

unpackaged.jpg

safety%20on.jpg

left%20side.jpg

rear%20view.jpg

right%20side%20med%20distance.jpg

Pretty nifty I think. I never had any real trouble manipulating the cocking piece. My fingers did, however, get a bit sore after a bit.

This adds a lot of control to the safety, and one can lower it into place silently. Excellent for hunting! They carry a black version as well.

This is available at my place, or at http://www.brassstacker.com .

Josh

Nice looking piece of added equipment for the safety. I will say they are extremely proud of that ring at $48.00 plus shipping. Man its half the price of the rifle. Nice but not for me.

agreed. 48 is a little steep for a decocking ring. it does look like it would streamline the safety quite a bit but not enough to spend that kind of money.

I haven't had anywhere near forty eight bucks worth of trouble with the safety on any of my Mosins. A ten dollar add on OK, but close to half the price of the rifle for a bras ring. no way!

For another forty bucks you can get a Timney....and get a match trigger along with a more usable safety. But, if you don't want to modify the stock, the B.S. is a neat option, but a pricey one.

Neat idea, but I think they missed the price point.

When I first saw the post I thought maybe I'd spring for one if it was ~$10-12, but as above posters have said at 1/2 the price of an entire rifle the manufacturer grossly misjudged their market. Someone tight of cash who can part with a $100 as an entry into the centerfire rifle scene sure isn't going to drop half that again for a nifty, but pricey doodad.

Unnecessary.

If the spring is too beefy for you to recock it, get a weaker one or clip some coils. Clipping coils is free.

If I were desperate, I'd sooner drill a hole and use a keychain ring.

Now thats what I'm talking about, Good old American ingenuity. Nice idea, I'm going to invest a little time and look into that:D

Back