Friendly competition

IowaShooter

Inactive
Which .22 is more accurate?

1) New Taurus TX22 16+1

2) Ruger MKIII 22/45 lite (with a boatload of Tandemkross aftermarket upgrades) and Holosun red dot

3) Hi-Standard Sport King 100 Lightweight (circa 1955)

Well... I shot at 21' outdoors... 30 rds (fairly fast fire, two handed) using some copper-plated bulk hollow point and some standard velocity CCI LRN (same number in each gun)

Observations:

Triggers are great in all three

The three white dots are a bit small on the Taurus sights (especially in low light... It was overcast outside and I was under the 3-sided pistol range building)

The Holosun is easy on these old eyes

The blade sight on the SK-100 is precise

All these go where aimed... Each shoot better than me

I'd need to put them on a rest to really see which is better

Balance and grip, while different on each, is good on each

If I had to choose 3 semi-auto .22s ... I'd choose these again

My wife's Ruger SR22 didn't make the trip... But would give these a run for their money

Photo_2019-10-11_02-47-38_PM.jpg

At 21 feet none of them are anything to write home about. Also, if you're going to do an accuracy test on any handgun, you need to go back to a minimum of twenty-five yards to start and then move back from there. However, if you're happy with them that's all that matters.

I like the idea of this thread. I have 3 22lr handguns I could compare. I'll use the same distance and will also use bulk ammo, though it may not be the same as yours.
S&W M&P 22 compact VS Ruger MKIII 22/45 VS Heritage Rough Rider. I know the RR isn't semi auto, but it's all I've got to make 3.

More accurate than what?
With any .22 you must try a box of as many brands of ammo as you can to find the ammo that pistol shoots best.
Neither of those brands of ammo are match ammo either. The red dot sight doesn't help either. A 2 MOA dot covers 2" at 100. Be more at 21 feet.

T. A 2MOA dot is usually far smaller than the width of the front sight post. It should be easier to be more accurate with that reference (putting aside that a good shooter can shoot more accurately than the width of their dot or sight post).

Back