Freedom from gas checks....

New toy from NOE! 360-160 SWC

360160.jpg

Yeah I bucked up and got the five cavity....this is my go to boolit for 357 and 38 spl. Looks like I am gonna have to put my 2 cavity Lyman 358-156 up for sale....

Good looking bullet ICH !!!

Bet the front band fills easier than the original & looks to be a bigger lube groove !

102_0583.jpg

Here`s my 358156 I had Buckshot to deshank for me ,the sc is a 357446 he HPed.

My GCs are in reserve these days !

Yeah Rich, the loob groove is bigger. When I started this group buy exactly one year ago this was one of the suggestions I took. Guys that shoot the original 358156 boolit from a longer barrel claim that the boolit runs outta loob. This should fix it!

I remember seeing your bare-bottomed mold showned above and that is actually what prompted me to start this group buy! :D

No range trip for me today, tomorrow looking good. Think I'll get some loading done while the freezer defrosts. ;) I'll keep the gas checks for my rifle cartridge bullets but only have one rifle in a pistol cartridge. None of my pistol bullets wear a gas check but I haven't fired them in my Trapper yet. Are you going to try them in a carbine or just a revolver?

ICH

What can I say .I`m flattered that I was an inspiration to others !!

But my inspiration came from beagle over on castboolits forum .

He has an article in castpics on "Barebottomed 358156"

He is a true real time visionary in our time !!

Anyone wanting to try or need something out of the ordinary realms just may find info on it in the castpic section !

Articles such as "round ball loads" shooting RBs from a rifle or revolver ,shot loads for handguns , some very informative articles indeed.

I realize the winters north of me can limit the outdoor activitys of some & where else can ya find info on casting bullets from hot glue & setting up an indoor galley ???

GP:cool:

Back