Freedom Arms single action revolver

Status
Not open for further replies.

thequickad

Saw one on consignment, .357 5.5" bbl $1200
Is this a good price? Anyone can share experience on the Freedom Arms single action revolver?

I don't have any direct experience with FA revolvers, but everything I have ever read indicates that these are the finest, absolute best revolvers ever made. Were I a .357 fan with the money, 1200 dollars would sound about right, provided the gun is still in good shape...

Extremely high quality guns, particularly the premier grades. Was the price for a premier or a field grade? If premier it sounds about right if slightly used. For field, knock of at least another $200.

Laser beam accurate. Well at least a laser beam that arcs. Unfortunately, my name isn't RANSOM.

From what I have heard and read, FA has changed hands so I don't know what the level of quality is today.

Save your money. Get the FA gun in a REAL man's caliber, .475 LINEBAUGH. The line forms behind me.

- Ron V.
If only they made a semi-auto .454 CASULL

------------------

[This message has been edited by hksigwalther (edited October 01, 1999).]

thequickad,
I think I have the gun you speak about. Mine is the 1997 model in 357, 5.5" barrel. Serial number 388. I ordered it with the blk micarta grips and a FA trigger job set to 3 lbs and real slick. The revolver is a dream. I paid 1200 new! Plus the grips and trigger job. The standard frame FA is more money, but if all you want is a 357, the 1997 will do well. I would think real strong about the other comment to comsider the Linebaugh chambering. If I buy another, it will be that. Note, the gun is designed and built to real close tolerances compared to any other revolver I have seen. Its much more efficient than say a Ruger or S&W. It will drive the same cartridge faster than the other two. And with much greater accuracy and comfort to the shooter. The feel in your hand is unmatched.

thequickad,
There are, I think, 3 models which Freedom Arms makes. Each of these comes in a "field" or "premier" grade. The diference between the two is the finish. Thats all. The 1997 only comes in Premier grade finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back