Free Firearms Research

Harley Nolden has a website and offers to research through his extensive library to help answer questions about your firearm.

He may be reached at:

http://members.tripod.com/~stock4broker/Firearms.html

I've asked him once and his response was quick!

4v50 Gary

[This message has been edited by 4V50 Gary (edited 01-08-99).]

hey cool!

I do happen to have one of those..."What the heck is this?" guns, lets see if I can find anything out about it!

------------------

Mouse Assassins inc.

Gary - thanks for that URL. I've got an old Savage double barrel shotgun, and I'd like to learn more about it. And, it is great to know about this just for future reference.

Thanks to TheFiringLine.Com I have a 'Guns' favorite's / bookmark list as long as my arm.

Adios

Maybe you should get him to run a topical forum area here? Would make a powerful addition to the already formidable firearm knowledge here.

------------------
Kodiac
Kenetic Defense Institute
"Sir Heckler"

Good thought Kodiac.

I sent an e-mail about my little whatever last night....I got one back today.
This person is VERY knowledgable, and while he wasnt able to shed light on the maker, or the value, he was able to tell me a few things about it that I did not know.
Like the fact that it is actually a LEFT HAND revolver. This without even seeing it.

I think it would be great to have him on TFL, but I think its great to have him on the net!

I give him high marks :)

------------------

Mouse Assassins inc.

Geez! You guys act like you have never seen a left handed revolver?? What about the good Sam'l Colt's 1873 Peacemaker? Think about the reloading sequence for a right handed person. You have to hold the pistol with your non dominant (L) hand, and actuate the rod to eject the cases with your R hand. Then reload and close the loading gate, and then switch the gun back to your dominant hand. Sam'l Colt, BTW, was a southpaw!

This was nearly as funny a joke on the public as was the Gerber Covert Folder, which had horrible ergonomics for R handed people, but L handed people worked it with ease. Eventually they 'redesigned' it.

Walt

Walt,

Sure, I know of the Peacemaker and that was the first revolver which popped into my mind. Even have one myself to go with my 38/357 Marlin. The second to pop into my mind was the stero revolver used in one of the episodes of "Get Smart."

What raised my eyebrow was the fact that the maker of Shaded Dude's revolver and was not readily identifiable. It his was the single action we grew up watching on Saturday Westerns, Shaded Dude and everybody around would recognize it as such. As the probability of it not being a Peacemaker is stronger than the probability of it being one, I had to ask.

Shaded Dude - if you read this, please post an identification of your revolver. Maybe we could get Rich to send a T-shirt to the member who IDs your gun?

4v50 Gary

Back