Free cast bullets giveaway volunteers

DiscoRacing

Myself and I C H have had some members wishing to help out with volunteering bullets to donate in the monthly giveaway. Anyone who has cast bullets they would like to donate please send me a pm with the size and style that you have available. If the winner chooses a bullet style that you have listed with me...then you could ship them the 100 bullets for that month.

Thanks for helping out guys and gals!!! If you guys want to post pics of bullets you would like to offer to the winners please feel free to post them here. We can make this the thread where the winners can come to pick out what style bullet they want. For simplicity sake, please choose a style(s)/caliber(s) from one caster. For example if you want 50 of one style from me and 50 of another I am offering, that is fine. Please don't choose 50 from one person and 50 from another. This will help keep shipping cost down. BIG thanks again to DISCO for making this happen!!!

PS: If you don't have pics or don't know how to post them, then shame on you!!! J/k...just post the mold number (ie Lyman 358156 .358" gas checked SWC 155 grn)

I'm in---just give me till the morning to get a photo and all the necessary mold info up that I can do--I'm on my way out the door in a few minutes so I'm short on time at the moment. I'm in though.

No one else has stepped up yet? REALLY??? It's ok guys, I know you're thinking "My boolits aren't good enough to include in that..." Hey--if they work wekk for you, then they'll do just fine for someone else getting started and wanting to try something they don't have. Really! You're boolits will do just fine!

And continuing on... Here's what I've got to offer for the monthly.

boolits.jpg

1---Lee TL312-160-2R It actually drops heavy with WW's. I'm getting 169gr drop with a 173gr finish w/ GC and lube. NOTE: My GC supply is lower than I like right now. If you choose these, you will have to supply your own checks for now. That will change in the future when I can afford to spare some, and I'll edit as soon as that happens. Until then I'll leave them unsized for check crimping when you get 'em. I run this through both my AK and my Mosin with fantastic results. I water drop these, so they come out pretty hard--should run really well in any .30 cal at 1800fps and higher. Can't tell you where I run them because my chrony got sacrificed to the low-shot gods some time ago and has not yet been replaced. What I can say is I have a custom load for my AK using H335 that feels like a full-power FMJ and this boolit simply shrugs and says "bring it".

2---Lyman 319-something (i can get the number details when I go out to the shop later). This is actually for a 32-40 but I've lapped it out to drop .323 and size to .321 for my 32 Win SP. It finishes at about 155gr.

3---Lee TL429-230-SWC I don't own a .44 cal and acquired this for a project mold. It is intended for making BP sabots. That being said, I do NOT have a sizer for this. It drops at 237gr and .432 diameter.

4---Lee 401-180-TC My .40 S&W loves this boolit. It drops at 180-181gr and I can size this at .401.

5---Lee TL358-158-SWC This actually drops at about .361 and I size to .360... My dad's GP slugs at .358 and loves boolits at .002 over. It hits 158gr almost right on the money every time.

6---The other cavity of the same mold---I did a HP on this cavity. Same dimensions, and drops at 143gr with a diluted WW alloy. It seems to run well in both .357 and 38 Spl with good expansion so long as you aren't trying to set a speed record on your chrony with it.

7---Lee 312-93-rn This is primarily for .32 caliber handguns (32 S&W, etc). I use it and love it in my .32 Auto but it has to seat really deep in that case. Frighteningly accurate in my Ruby 7.65 Browning. It actually drops at 94gr. and I size to .311. I also have a fun plinker load worked up for this in a non-cycling 7.62x39 that works wonders at keeping the uninvited guests out of the yard/trash (skunks, coons, etc)

8---This obviously a Round Ball. Since I cast 'em, I'll offer 'em. I can do .440 and .451

I have gone totally to LLA or 45-45-10 for lubing all my cast boolits, even in the traditional groove styles. I get great results with it. If requested, I will lube and size what I have the ability to, but will otherwise send you a bunch of naked boolits so you can lube and size them for what you need and use. Happy shooting!

Rangefinder

Last edited:
I just received my free bullets, have already loaded them up. The least I can do is volunteer. I'll get some of mine out and take pictures. I will admit, I don't feel mine are good enough, but they shoot just fine for me, so I guess they will shoot just fine for others.

DavidAGO

I didn think that my bullets were that great either...but i have sold several thousand in the last year...also...one of the guys keeps getting .452-255RF bullets from me.....which is what I use in our lil girls 45LC. So I asked him how good that works in his handgun...he said..I dont have a handgun... come to find out he is shooting them out of a Black Powder Rifle....He said they are the best thing for accuracy that he has ever shot from that rifle.:eek:

I got my free bullets, and they are awesome.
I use one mould a lot, my Lee 356 124 2R, a tumble lube mold that drops at .360, so I size them for either 356 for 9mm or .358 for 38 special, and the light 124 grainers run pretty darn good with just Lee Liquid Alox lube in both calibers.
I hate the idea of shipping bullets luber with LLA, what a mess, but I could ship 100 of these, given some warning time to go cast them up, sized .356,.358, or unsized. I need to warm the pot up again soon anyway.

Hadnt thought about rifle GP... if you are willing to give up 100 of em...then go for it>>>!!
My rifle boolits are lighter than a couple of my handgun boolits---works out just fine (except for the checks at the moment). 100x170gr. doesn't matter whether they're short and fat or long and skinny. ;)

Thinking we need to get this thread "stickified" just so it can't run off the bottom while we aren't looking... :D

All right--as promised, I am editing the list on my selection photo. The Checked rifle bullet (#1) will now come CHECKED, sized and lubed ready to load. My GC situation is leveled off for the moment. I also added a .490 to the Round Ball choices.

maillemaker>> Simply put, from those of us who have been firmly lodged in the addiction of casting, to those out there who have just begun the journey, we have a drawing of sorts once a month among everyone actively posting in the bullet casting forum for the drawing month. The winner gets to select a bullet design from those of us participation and receive 100 cast bullets completely free--supplying nothing more than a shipping address. It's our way of saying "Welcome to the club". There is also a sticky at the top of the page that explains in a little more detail, but that is the short-n-sweet of it. ;)

If you need more volunteers to make up some boolits I can help out with wadcutters for 38spl Lyman 35891 since those have been going well for me.

Joe

I could help too. I have...

.358 148 gr WC
.358 158 gr SWC
.452 225 gr RN
.430 180 WC
.430 245 gr Keith
.430 300 gr SWCGC (50)
.430 200 gr FRN
.430 240 RN

Back