Fraudulent People Post

znztivguy

Inactive
Hi,
I'd like to start this thread as an open grown for people to report bad gun experiences to all of us so that we can avoid being duped. Recently one of our own posted a thread at AR15.com that saved me from losing alot of money. I wish that I could do the same for others.
My contribution to this thread is :

Avoid KEN JACKSON...AKA..many other names.
He is advertising on GunsAmerica with a business front named Collector's Classics. He has 3-4 guns still listed on there. People have lost over 15,000 dollars already to him. FBI and ATF are looking into him but technicalities are saving him from being locked stocked and jailed away. I will not list details of how he is doing this to avoid other people using his techniques on the rest of us people who do transactions over the internet. Please be aware when you do transactions especially guns over the internet. Don't believe just because they advertise on Auctionarms or Gunsamerica, Gunbroker.com that they are legitimate. Check them out call them make sure it is a good business.
Please post others to avoid here. Before you do make sure it is not just for a delay or some miscommunication.
Someone helped me....lets help the others.

Okay, then. I have learned, the hardway, that if you are doing business online and someone hesitates.. or wants to change his mind a thousand times, he is probably full of crap.

If you have something to sell, trade or that you want to buy and the deal is stricken quickly, it seems like it always works out. OTOH, if you spend days haggling or harranging a deal, it will probably not work out.

since the start of TFL I have traded, bought and sold with member from all over the country. Without exception the fast deals went smoothly. The deals that took longer to wkr out range from one succesful one to one that has left me with one of my Rifles in Texas that is being held by a gun dealer who says he doesn't know the guy (Bruce, as I recall) that told me to send it down there for a 3 day inspection. Meanwhile, the dealer won't pay to ship the gun back to me and the TFL member has dropped out of sight and no longer answers Emails (this is MANY months old, BTW). That same guy went back and forth about 6 times over a period of 2 months on whether or not he wanted the gun.. each time with a different offer of cash or trade for it...

So Rob, if I pay the shipping, can I have your rifle? ;)

All kidding aside, sorry to hear you were burned. znztivguy, thanks for the heads-up.

Back