Frame strength-metal

BigMike

Hello guys,
I just purchased a Tanfoglio (Witness) and am curious about their frame strength. I have heard that they are exceptionally strong and that they are exceptionally prone to fractures. I wrote Tanfoglio in Italy and here is what they said to me:

"All the Witness models are manufactured with high quality Nickel-Chromium-Molybdenum
steel and after machining we harden them with a surface hardening at a 60-65 HRc."

Any response would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike

BigMike, I've been working on the Witness pistols for several years and have never seen one with a cracked frame. I'm not saying it has never happened but as far as their being prone to it, I'd have to say no. George

George,
Thanks for the response. I have never heard of or seen one that was cracked except for one comment made about the metal used. I believe these pistols to be exceptionally strong and after researching info on the metal,Nickel-Chromium-Molybdenum, I am convinced that I will have many years of happy shooting as long as I take care of it!!

Another question. I love how the pistol shoots and I have not had 1 malfunction in a 200 rounds. Are there any "weak" areas of this gun, that could/should be addressed to enhance the reliability? What are your experiences with the Tanfoglio/Witness guns? Thanks, Mike

Back