Frame slop in a frame PD340 scandium

Open45

Hi All
Name is Charlie, I’m a lover of revolvers and strange cool semi autos that have no purpose or shoot like they use bowling balls,, I have a SW PD340 and I love it in my pocket or sock or even in my hat, it’s light and I don’t shoot it for fun it’s strictly business, I put a big dot front sight on it and has a real nice big bright fit to see by at night, I also put a set of crimson trace lasers on it, nice good long lasting laser and bit really helps to tame the nasty kick, it don’t feel like I’m catching a 100mph golf ball,, I have a question regarding the PD frame lock up it’s a new gun and the cylinder does have some flop in it left right maybe 1 -2 mm at most, I know there is some in SWs but I’m wondering if that’s usual for a j frame,, thanks

Lockup?

Open the cylinder and confirm empty. Dry fire the revolver and hold the trigger depressed, now check for play. There should now be zero "play" in the cylinder frame interface.
If you have 1-2 mm of "play" when checking lockup as above? Do not fire another round and contact S&W.
Lockup is the condition the revolver is in when it fires a round.

I have a 332 that I bought new when they came out that appears to have some endshake. Don't have feeler gauges, so don't know if it's within spec. I've only fired it a few times.

Don't know why it might be, but I'm curious if others have had similar experiences with "slop" with the scandium/titanium revolvers. The 332 is an Airlite titanium model.

Back