Fp-10

beastman

Well, I tried my free sample and am hooked.

FP-10 is first rate. Best smelling CLP I have tried (which is important to my wife). Seems to clean well and lube well. A little goes a long way, so it should be fairly inexpensive to use. Got out the powder fouling and lead fouling. I also like the way George does business.

FP-10 is worth a shot. I am glad I tried it.

Just sharing my experience, since it was through a thread like this that I tried the stuff in the first place.

I too

have tried the free sample. Some time ago I cleaned two handguns, then took them to the range and fired 250 rounds through each. I took them home and cleaned one exclusively with FP10 and the other with the more traditional Hoppes #9.

After counting the swipes with brush and patch for each, the FP 10 was as good as the Hoppes in cleaning the bore. I also like the consistency of the FP10 as a lubricant as it seems to hold on better than regular gun oils.

Kirk

SR_15_M4 yes. That's wht the cl in 'clp' stand for: cleans,

lubricats.

P.S. The p stands for protects in case your curious.

Try some, you'l like it.

militech doesn't clean, just lube. works well and alot of people like it. i tried it but it's kinda thick and wouldn't drip out of my oiler when i tried to apply it. had to squeeze the oiler hard to get it out. stopped using it.

just started using fp-10 too, good stuff. don't use it to clean though. tried with breakfree clp and didn't care for it.

CLP=C lean L ube P rotect

FP-10 works better, after letting it sit and using a bronze brush, than Hoppes 9 or Breakfree at cleaning the cylinder face of a stainless revolver. I tested all three after receiving a free sample.

I'll be using FP-10 after I run out of Breakree. I'm going to order from the manufacturer to be sure I get the latest formulation.

Regards.

Yes.

http://www.fp10.com

is the website. So far, I am impressed.

I will be really stress testing it on my shotgun and mini-14, both of which are sadly in need of a severe cleaning. I also will see how is cleans some powder marks on an otherwise perfectly clean revolver. Nothing I have tried so far has made a dent. FP-10 gets a shot in the next week or so (after I have gone to the range again).

Seems to lube well without running out like my hoppes gun oil. Seems to have the right viscosity, not too runny, not too thick.

latest formulation? has it changed??

wouldn't it be cheaper to just use hoppes and save the fp-10 for lube?

There's a newer formulation than the one

Being sold under the Shooters Choice brand. The new formulation is "Mil Spec" (oooh aaah).

Get it from the website. I ordered some today. I use Hoppe's or just plain mineral spirits to remove loose gunk and crud before detail cleaning the bore and remainder of the gun. FP-10 is better than Hoppes, IMHO, at removing the last bits of burned on carbon and lead.

Regards.

ledbetter, my bottle says FP-10 lubricant elite then underneath that a red bullseye with shooters choice. is this the latest? didn't see anything about mil spec on it.

SR_15...militec 1 to lube - works great, smells much better IMO than other products I've tried (almost like the difference between CLP and motor oil). By the way, the guys that run the show over there have great customer service.

MPRO7 to clean. Hardly any odor, nontoxic, works very well.

CLP still works great, especially if you want a good all in 1 product. Don't really like the teflon separation, however, not a big deal.

Back