fox hunt

indybrad

Shot my first fox tonight. Was out calling Coyotes at a buddies place with a Johnny stewert Electronic caller. I was in a tree stand and the little fella came right underneath me. The shot was straight down at about 25 feet. Those V-Max do something nasty that close. There was about a 4 in hole on the underside of him

Attachments

• coyote-fox 028 copy.jpg
    coyote-fox 028 copy.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 73
Congrats. Fox fur is one of the most gorgeous predator fur out there - hope it's in good enough shape you can have something done with it! A hole in the belly area should hurt it much. :cool:

Congrats on the first of what might be many foxes. Just curious why did you choose the tree stand? It sounds effective but takes the fun out of up and moving every 30 mins or so.

Mmmmmmmm foxes.
This little cub ( bitch) was curious what the squeaking was, Ruger 10-22T 15yds 1 shot before and after pics

Attachments

• cub-1.jpg
    cub-1.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 41
  • cubnow.jpg
    cubnow.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 40
desertfox I could only stay for about an hour and there's a thicket behind where the stand is. I just wanted to get a good advantage point. I was with a buddy that was about 75yrds downwind of me but the fox must have slipped through. Nice looking fox foxman. Hope mine turns out that nice. My taxidermists on vac. till next week.

Back