Found the load...

armoredman

Well, mostly sure. It is consistently accurate. Longest one I have to assemble, but man doe s it work. The alloy is the mystery, but it's a hard one from an old benchrest shooter that leaves no leading at all in the bore.

Yep, a cast bullet load in 7.62x39mm that works great. Making more to run through the vz-58, make sure it is as accurate in that as it is in the CZ 527CSR.

I got lucky as a skunk with that mold - a gentleman on another board offered it to me very cheap because he got frustrated with the mold - the far alignment pin can stick, requiring some wiggling to get it apart to drop fresh boolits. So I got it far less than retail...and not looking to sell it for double retail. :D If you can snag one, it is the best 7.62x39mm cast boolit I've found yet. the Lee 160 grainer ain't bad, but this one rocks.

Since we're posting eye-candy... Here's what my AK eats a lot of. Left is a 220gr. Grayhound Bus that I have dialed down to subsonic (nice and quiet, it's my answer to not being able to spring for a NEF in 300 Blackout at the moment. As I'm sure you can guess, it seats pretty darn deep, well below the shoulder to fit that mag. But PC'ing has opened amazing doors--it offers enough protection on the boolit to keep from gas cutting till the GC clears the shoulder. No leading, all recovered boolits show clean grooves. On the right is the Lee 150 boolit. Finishes at 160gr. for me, and with PC I can load it smoking hot--hitting POA on my mil sights out to 300 on the slide now, haven't stretched beyond that yet. Too much fun...:D

Attachments

• DSCF6554.jpg
    DSCF6554.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 30
Forgive me - PC'ing? I am assuming that's what that thick coat on the boolit is, not familiar with it.
Haven't tried at 300 yards yet, just 100 on the Thug. :D

PC---Sorry, polyester Powder Coating. :D Forgot I'm on my "other" forum. The Lee 150 is also graphite impregnated prior to baking--that's the black swirls in the red.

Never tried that. Usually I use Lee Liquid Alox, dirt cheap, effective and stupid simple. The hard lube, (a beeswax/alox mix a friend made for me), takes much longer, but I love the look.
Only thing I'd seen completely cover the boolit like yours is the old moly coat.

Back