Found some NATO 9mm at WM

Oysterboy

but it doesn't show what weight it is. I Googled it and found no such info. Maybe you guys can help.

I've been going to WM and Academy looking for 9mm and they are pretty scarce so I grabbed what I can. So far I have these in stock and I've shot two boxes of Monarch 9mm before the pic. I even went back the next day to get more and they were gone, a whole shelf of them.

I have never heard of it. If your state allows you to get shipments of ammo from internet dealers, do it. I've had no trouble finding CCI Blazer, Aguila, and Magtech for $0.28 per round plus shipping. There really is no need to gamble on mystery ammo.

My friend just picked up 500 rounds of Blazer Brass 124gr for $162 shipped.

You can get 500 rounds of 115gr from Georgia Arms for about $133 + shipping.

At Walmart for $21.99 a box for the NATO. I could buy ammo online but I don't shoot that much but want a little stock in case. I also have a little stock in 40sw.

This NATO ammo is made in Turkey.

44 cents a round is pretty expensive for FMJ stuff. WM has been selling that stuff here in 1200 round ammo cans for about $500. I'll wait for them to get more Tula BrassMaxx stuff for about 23 cents a round.

buying a 50 round box of fmj for 27 dollars hurts. but you could get that big 500 dollar can of ammo.

YOu might be able to place and order, and get it accepted by that online company in the five minutes it takes them to sell out of the latest ammo shipment.
For those of us who cant be online 24/7, we have no choice.

Where are you getting ammo at that price if I may ask?

I use gunbot.net and ammoseek.com. They are both search engines for ammo. So, you get a large list of companies, ammos, and prices based on caliber, weight and other criteria.

At Walmart for $21.99 a box for the NATO. I could buy ammo online but I don't shoot that much but want a little stock in case.

The Georgia Arms ammo actually comes in 100 round boxes for 26.50 plus shipping. For Texas the total is $39.50. You would save about $5 over buying the same amount at Wal Mart.

It's labeled stanag 4090, one of the standard NATO accepted rounds, so it should be good practice ammo. Let us know what you think of it.

Around here they've had that ammo for a while. It's been 1200 round cans but it wasn't selling at the $497 price tags. Just in the last couple weeks I've noticed they've been cracking open the cans and selling the boxes individually.

I can't bring myself to pay that much for an unknown ammo.

that sucks that you are still having a shortage on 9mm, we have been fully stocked on that siince october-ish, the only thing scarce is 22 of course

luckilly georgia arms is about 5 miles away and they sell very cheap ammo, its all reloads, but its done at an actual factory

for the price you paid for all those boxes of 9mm would have gotten you a cheap lee single stage, just a thought

Aguila Blanca said:
I believe 9mm NATO ammo is 124-grain... I am NOT certain.
NATO STANAG 4090 allows any bullet weight from 108gr (7.0g) to 128gr (8.3g) inclusive.

Most 9mm NATO ammo sold commercially in the USA during the past several decades is loaded with 124gr bullets, and past threads discussing 9mm NATO have not revealed a verifiable reason for this; I surmise it's simply become customary. NATO surplus ammo from other countries hasn't always had 124gr bullets, notably a whole bunch of Canadian 116gr surplus sold here during the 1990s.

It's odd that the "ZQ1" isn't prominently labeled with the bullet weight. However, if it's called out as NATO-compliant on the boxes AND it has a NATO-style headstamp, I presume it must have 108-128gr bullets. FWIW a NATO headstamp has a cross-in-a-circle symbol at 12-o'clock, the contractor's initials (MKE?) at 9-o'clock, and the last 2 digits of the year of manufacture at 3-o'clock. [EDIT: I just noticed that the manufacturer's link DOES call out a 123gr bullet weight, but it's still peculiar that they don't print it on the box.]

I shot a box of said ammo. It's pretty strong and some had a hard pop. Seems that charging is not very consistent in this 9mm.

Accuracy seems to be on par with others. I shot the same as I did with the Monarch and the WWB but the WWB came out tops in consistency.

Way to go USA. ;)

123 - 124

8 grams is about 123.44 grains, just round off for the backward Americans.
123 is closer but 124 sounds more effective.

9mm

I saw some of this ammo at WM this past week but they had it higher than Winchester ammo. Limited to 3 boxes I didn't even call a clerk to open the locked cabinet. I'll pass on this if it is higher.
J

Back