Found primers, but left empty-handed

DMY

Went to a lgs in Kenner, Louisiana while visiting. The regular reloading section had a few boxes of lead projectiles, but no powder and no primers where they were typically stocked. After looking at everything they had in stock, I saw 4 cards of LPPs in the case which used to hold handguns. The price was $35 or $39 per 100. Left them for others who were willing to pay that price. The fact that they only had 4 cards left means at least 6 cards, probably more, were sold at that price. During my prior visit in February, they had 2 cards of SPPs for $32. I mistakenly thought they said $32 per box (1000 primers). When I tried to confirm, I passed on it. Good luck to those who are more desperate than me.

it's already ending, Brownells , Midway, Midsouth have all had sporadic supplies of primers in the last coupel of weeks. Midways is high, but others are pretty close ot pre covid. LGS is getting small shipments in about every 2 weeks now, prices are again higher than pre covid but reasonable at $7.50 a sleeve. This same LGS was selling at $5.50 to $6.00 when PV was selling for $3.50

Of course the gun show and gun broker scalpers want everyone to believe this will last forever. By the end of the year everyone should have a good supply at close to pre covid prices

Yep. If they get stuck with them at that price, it will come down. With manufacturers predicting normalization to be underway by Fall, it's pretty much a matter of catching a few where you can for this summer season if you don't have any.

Back