Found a nice little carry gun today

Wendyj

was out looking for an LCR X and come across this little model 60 today with really nice trigger job. Mid range 357 loads not bad at all through it. Got a better deal than buying the Ruger new. Some gun shopping days I just get lucky.

Attachments

• Model 60.JPG
    Model 60.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 494
:mad:You know, it's posts and pictures like that that made me have to put a waterproof drool cover on my key board.;)
great find there Wendyj :D

Nice find and, unless the photo betrays my vision, I don't see that little hole that seems to bother so many. Either way, a fine little revolver, classic in every way.

Not the best picture. I have a hard time getting them to load on here without reducing size to as small as it will go. No hole for a lock on this one.

They had a model 66 nib for $650.00. Larger but did I ever want to whip out the plastic and take both home. Maybe next go around. Hard to believe 20 years ago all these were selling for around $250.00 to $300.00. Python in case was $2,995.00. I bought one for husband many years ago for $400.00. Good old days.

Nice find Wendy! You'll loe it!

As far as Python goes - I picked up a like new 4" blued a few years back for $800.00 - a later production. No box, Colt grips but not original to the gun. Blueing about 98%. I wanted to try the "Python experience". I hated it. Just me but it was such a hunting piece of iron - give me my old K frame S & W M & P any day. Anyway, I decided to sell it - I figured I could get maybe $1,800.00 out of it. The gun shop I consigned it to just smiled. They put it up for $2,200.00 and put it on their web list. It sold in 24 hours. As you say . . . the good old days! :):D

A very nice find and I'm sure you'll be happy with it!
I've also been scouting around my area for a 3" LCRX - haven't found as good a deal as you did (yet)!

Nice!! I've never handled a .357 model 60 with the underlugged barrel but I do like the way it looks. My .38 Special model 60 went to my younger brother years ago but I do have a model 631 that looks and feels just like it, except with less recoil; .32 H&R Magnum.

Now SHE'S a loving spouse

On 19FEB at 7:32 a.m. CST, WendyJ posted:

Hard to believe 20 years ago all these were selling for around $250.00 to $300.00. Python in case was $2,995.00. I bought one for husband many years ago for $400.00. Good old days.​

My bride overheard me ask a gun dealer to watch for an older Colt Super .38. She quietly got on line and found me a nice 1950s vintage example. She dealt with the seller and arranged with my local dealer to take delivery in time for my birthday that year.

I was so touched and appreciative that she's pulled similar activities several times since. The local dealer is a friend, and he tells her which items I've been admiring, and usually makes her a really good deal on the purchases.

Salutes to you, my mate, and the other ladies who treat their men so well.

I do try my best to enjoy most of the things he does. He's a lot like that with me too. If I pick something up and look at it a few times he's going to bring it home in a day or two to surprise me. Now with 12 grand kids we have to be more frugal and really hope they enjoy our outdoor activities with us. Our sons did until they found girls. Lol. Things they want now are ridiculous in cost compared to ten years ago. Nothing like a gk though.

Back