Forward Pistol Grip for AR-15

Kodiac

I am wanting a Forward pistol grip for mu Bushmaster. The only such grips I have found are the kind that are like the standard or stowaway type grips. I am wanting a forward grip like on an M-4. One that is straight down, and roundish. Not canted back.
Any Ideas?

------------------
"There is no Spoon"

I know this will sound like a smarta** answer but, how about one of those M-4 grips? Have you tried to install one? If your Bushmaster is a shorty, the M-4 handguards are about $50.

Knight's Mfg. Co. makes a round one like you describe for about $55, but I suspect it requires their "Rail Interface System," which appears to be in the $280 range. CFI [(817) 595-2485]/www.cfiarms.com advertises this.

Sport R Us Inc. [(847) 428-3569] advertises the Wilcox visible flashlight unit with integral vertical foregrip for $150. A bit steep, but fairly cool. It appears to clamp onto the barrel.

The Knight Arms one does require the RIS system. my dealer has a sweet post ban that was LEO only cuz it had all the bad stuff. collapsable stock, flash hider, bayo lug, andthe pistol grip. RIS with a front handgrip and tac light looked cool. maybe I'll become a SCPD reserve officer and then maybe I can get one

Yeah, see - you guys are talking dollars here. The AR forward grip is like 15 bucks.
I just want one that comes straight down.

The M-4 handguards are a good idea, at 50 bucks. Where can I get them?

I was thinking of Bushamster's 37MM "Flare Launcher" just for fun... :)
Any one here have one? Are they very functional - What about 37MM amunition?

------------------
"There is no Spoon"

Kodiac, Kiesler's Wholesale (800) 543-7537 and Hoplite, Inc (502) 955-5014 advertise the M-4 handguards for $49. From the looks of their ad, they may also carry the vertical foregrip that attaches to the handguards.

I think most of that 37mm ammo with the exception of smoke/flare is, how shall we say, "load yourself."

Blow up on him? Ouch....

I will check out Kiesler's Wholesale (800) 543-7537 and Hoplite, Inc (502) 955-5014...

I am getting an HK PSG1 grip sent to me - that will look great. An M-4 up front will look tough too.

------------------
"There is no Spoon"

Lest anyone think that was the fault of the grenade launcher itself, I must again explain that it would be more precise to say:

"Didn't Rob blow one of those 37mm grenade launchers up?"

Indeed, I did.. a reloading experiment gone horribly wrong.. I never had a lick of trouble with the loaded rounds I purchased...

What about mounting a weaver base to the bottom of your handguard and installing the forward grip that is designed for the RIS system from Knight's Mfg. Co.? The RIS system uses weaver type bases to allow you to attach all the RIS goodies. So make your own RIS system. You would have to make a backer plate that would allow you to attach the weaver base onto the handguard. I know that this could be done on a standard shorty and long handguard. Could this be done to the M4 handguard?

Actually - I am wanting a grip that just mounts under the front site... Like the A2 standard forward grip sold by bushmaster... BUT i want that grip to hang straight down, and has a round profile like the M4's grip.

Mounting it closer in would be to close for me for comfortable handling. and gripping it by the sling just is not as COOL as a forward grip would be!

------------------
SICK AND TIRED OF...

Back