• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Forums Down Threads

Gunslinger

It seems we are getting refugees from several of the "downed" forums right now. I can't say as I blame them....I become a little stir crazy when TFL is down. But some of the members are coming here and starting new threads regarding their lost boards without looking to see if there are others in progress. We even have one going in Handguns & Pistolcraft now. Can we lock some of these and try to keep them in one thread?
Just a suggestion, feel free to lock this thread.

Nothing we can do about it.
Besides - if these new members or refugees can contribute some worth while thoughts and opinions - they are most welcome!

Don't get me wrong George, I wasn't complaining about the new members. Simply the large number of "board down" related topics. I was thinking perhaps a little subtle reminder directing them to a thread alreay in progress, the same way the satff closes any redundant threads. This would not only "clean up" the board it would also make it easier for everyone to remain current with the lastest info (or lack there of) regarding the various gun BB.

------------------
Gunslinger

TFL End of Summer Meet, August 12th & 13th, 2000

Back