• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Forum out of service a lot lately!!!

NCHornet

This seems to be happeneing a lot lately. I try and log on and it says something like "This website is not currently available" or something like that. I can check all my other forums so it's not on my end. I know we had a problem a few weeks ago but it appears the problem is still there. Just wondering if everyone else was getting the samething? Hope you get it figured out and find out who is doing this.
NCH

Could be evil anti-self defense scholarly types giving us some version of the ping o' death or other denial of service attack. We better start handing out milk and cookies on campus, or pizza to win their favor :D

This forum does seem to go down more than others. {_INSERT_JOKE_HERE_}

I think traffic has something to do with it.

Well, on Tuesday there was a power outage at the colo (generators weren't set up right I guess), and then the server didn't come back up properly because of fs corruption on one of the partitions. I'm not sure if that's what has been causing the general server instability, but we'll find out now that it's fixed.

Back