• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Forum newb question.....

GGALLIN1776

Is there a link to check for replies?

So far I haven't found one so I'm going back to every thread I've replied on to check for follow-ups. I can survive the tedium, just hoping for a bit easier method.

Thanks ahead of time!

When you go to the Reply to Thread window, look beneath it and click on "Go Advanced." From the Advanced editing window, a number of options open up for you, listed below the edit window. Look for "Thread Subscription" and set the notification to however you would like to be notified.

I double checked subscription status, turns out even on this thread I'm subscribed but no notifications are showing.

Is there a mobile version of the site that I should be using instead?

At the bottom of a new post there will be a button "Reply"
I poke that and reply to a post.

When I log on I choose "New Posts" from the task bar.

Seems like that shows me any replies to my comments.(Or anything new of interest)

I'm certainly no tech whiz. That seems to meet my needs.

hmmm is email notifications all the options there are ?

i'm not a webpage builder, but i would think there would be an easy way to setup something that would appear on a home page or something... no scratch that, that sounds like facebook which i avoid like the plague. so check my email huh? that's not something i do by nature. only when i'm expecting something.

You have the choice of no subscription, no notification or a couple types of email.

As long as you don’t select no subscription, it will show in your user cp. user cp is a link along the top bar. I set my favorite link to the forum to go to that view.

Under "Quick Links" in the menu bar is "Subscribed threads". Using that function is often easier than checking email for replies to subscribed threads.

hmmm is email notifications all the options there are ?

i'm not a webpage builder, but i would think there would be an easy way to setup something that would appear on a home page or something... no scratch that, that sounds like facebook which i avoid like the plague. so check my email huh? that's not something i do by nature. only when i'm expecting something.
Yup, all options are showing. I selected "instant email" as that would be the closest thing to having individual thread responses show in notifications, but no luck in those.

first of all "welcome to tfl"

just a thought that you may find useful. if you click on your name it takes you to a page with a statics tab in it. click that and there is a link to find all threads you have started and another to find all posts you have made. if you get lost that might help you find something. and as many others i have learned to just check the new posts link and see if there is anything that interests me. i know that doesn't answer your question, i hope someone on staff can help you with that.

Mal_H; i wasn't dissing you. just that the op wasn't having any luck with what was already said... i do not know if there is an answer that will help them but you might. that's all i meant by it.

Back