• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

forum dedicated to Tips, tricks, and secretes

handgunhunting

I would like to see a forum dedicated to Tips, tricks, and secretes a place people can give ideas they have or someone looking how to do something. Let then discuss any aspect of shooting it would make it a lot easier for people to find the help they need.

That sounds like an interesting suggestion. Could you elaborate a little bit more on the details as you see them?

I guess that an example would be nice, so we could know exactly what you are suggesting.

-Dave

Make a place where people who thought another way of doing things can share there ideas and get feed back on them, Or if someone is trying to figure out how to do something and just cant get it will be able ask others how they do it, learn some tricks how to do something little easier. make it anything to do with the shooting sports from hunting to plinking

Something like this: When I place a new scope on my handguns I always place some rubber cement on the inside of the rings and allow it to dry before I install the scope. This gives the rings a better gripping serfice to keep it from being scratched and moving under recoil.

I know these things can be put under other forums but one place for suggestions should be easier for people to find just what they need

The smithy won't allow you to post tips about how you "fixed" your deer stand, how you made a portable target holder from PVC pipe. What to do if your boots start letting water in. How to make a improvised urinal from a rubber glove and a piece of old rope. All hunters, shooters and smithy's have thought up some things that made there lives easier and more enjoyable in the forum that I am suggesting is a place that they can share the little tid-bits that they thought if and maybe you didn't. Yes some tips,tricks or Suggestions may fit well in to other forum, but some just might not fit so well.

from a rubber glove and a piece of old rope????

Sheesh. There are some things I don't want to know...

pax

I have heard of the futility of trying to pee up a rope but have never considered what way a rubber glove might come into play. I'm going over to gear and accessories right now!
:D

Rubber gloves like the ones used by fire fighters or ambulance personnel use. they are light, small and cheep. What you do with it is
1) Blow it up to make sure it doesn't have any holes in it.
2) Do your "business" in it
3) Use the string to tie it closed so it will not leak and stay odor free
4) You can use it several times in the Crosse of a day

Rope for BIG gloves, string for smaller ones ??

? 4) the "Cross of a day" when spouse finds you been cleanin truck parts in HER dishwasher ?

Back