Fort Smith PPK comes back in .32 cal

Trooper Joe

I found this news late last night when I could not sleep. I was just about to get serious about a ss S&W, .32 cal PPK/S a vendor had on Guns International for $949 !! I was also looking at a ss PPK Interarms .32 cal on Gun Broker. This one was to start at $815 but had 9 days before the bidding wars started.

I will have to go to confession about my thoughts about the S&W PPK/S. However, I still would not mind a shot at the Interarms PPK at a more reasonable price.

I already have a Fort Smith ss PPK and PPK/S in .380 which have been flawless.

I will get the first Fort Smith ss .32 cal, PPK and/or PPK/S I get my hands on (probably both). My first of many PPKs was a war time .32 cal in 1965. Carried it off duty as a city LEO. I now, after many years, have a German made .32 cal PPK and PP along with .22 cal PP and TPH as well as two Interarms PPK/S .380s.

Trooper Joe

PS Couldn’t sleep the rest of the night after this great news.

I own two PPK/S pistols, a Walther PPK/S chambered in .22LR and a Smith & Wesson PPK/S chambered in .380 ACP.

attachment.php

If I had the money, then I'd probably round off my collection with a .32, but I don't, and even if I did, there are other firearms I'd be tempted to buy sooner.

7.65 X17 is much more fun to shoot than in .380, with Fiocchi or S&B FMJ quite viable for SD. Plus that extra round is nice.

Funny on Clinton comment.

I guess I'm more Trump when wife was pre and post pregnancy. I don't have a use for the .32. ;)

Cool that they brought back something Walther didn't HAVE to. Love the look of the PPK (not so much the S)

I wish they would come up with new design though.

I just ordered a ss PPK, .32 cal from Brownells. It went through and my credit card was charged however now their ad says “out if stock”. I will have to see if I am actually getting one..

Trooper Joe

Just got an email from Brownells that they just shipped my PPK, ss, .32 cal. ??????.

My first Walther was in 1965, a war time .32 PPK. That was foolishly sold and it was not until about 2015 that I scored a nice German made PP in .32 cal. Then I refurbished a well worn German .32 cal PPK. Recently I found a nice 1998 Interarms .32 PPK/S in ss.

After this purchase, I guess I have enough .32 cal Walther PP series pistols.

Trooper Joe

Well my new PPK .32 ACP arrived today. Fit and finish are first rate. I will fire it later in the week. I’m not sure how long Walther will produce it in .32 and wanted it off the bucket list.

Back