Form 4 and tax stamp for every NFA gun

timpierce

I'm in the process of acquiring my 1st NFA gun- M92 Krink SBR. If I want acquire additional NFA guns, do I have to go through the whole process- tax stamp, CLEO sign-off etc. for each additional gun?
Thanks for educating someone new to NFA.

Yes.

One stamp/form per NFA item.

I do not know if you've got to get finger printed/photographed for every NFA item after your first.

I didn't go that route. Made a trust so I avoided the CLEO, Finger Prints, and Mug Shot.

Yes you must totally start at square one for every item including fingerprints and signoff. Even if you buy two at the same time.

FWIW Using a trust I have sent up to 4 at a time in, 2 form 4’s and 2 form 1’s with one check, two copies of the trust and two certificates of compliance. They all went pending the same day, however, the form 4’s were approved 4 days before the form 1’s (different examiners).

ok so is it actually worth it ?

are there NFA items Guns not silencers for less than $1500 available?

There can't be many if all of them had to be pre 86'

I was under the impression that with the stamp you could modify weapont to be full auto leagaly as in changing trigger groups drilling reacivers...

No, the tax stamp does not allow you to build a machine gun. It allows the transfer of a NFA item already on the register.

so unless you have $10,000 + to spend your up the creek

I would rather have 10 AR 15s or 8 AR 10s or 6 m1a1s or 12-14 bolgarian or other well made ak47s-sks

Look on the bright side. If your nosy brother in law corners you at a party and asks about your hobbies you can honestly tell him you're a stamp collector. Then you can proceed with a long boring story about this series of $200 stamps you've been working on...:cool:

are there NFA items Guns not silencers for less than $1500 available?

There can't be many if all of them had to be pre 86'

It allows the transfer of a NFA item already on the register.

However, it does allow you to manufacture any other NFA item you desire. The ban is only on machineguns not registered prior to May, 1986.

There are not that many select-fire AK-47s on the registry. The current price is approximately $20,000.

what other items are we talking about besides silencers?

Short barreled rifles, Short barreled shotguns, Destructive Devices and "Any Other Weapons" aka AOW.

If you can find a governmental agency that'll sell you a pre-86 f.a. weapon, then there is no tax due.

How does someone with 2600+ posts make such a statement?

We need to start requiring sources for every claim made in this forum.

Certificate of Compliance and Trusts

Although it will not hurt to include a certificate of compliance with a NFA trust it is not necessary. When sending in a Form 4 for a trust, there are certain things that need to be completed.
You should send 1 copy of the Firearms trust, 2 original double sided Form 4's, any amendments to the trust, an assignment page, and a check for the tax stamp $200 ( or $5 for an AOW).

For instructions on how to fill out the form 4 for a trust, I have created a page where you can download a sample and see instructions on how to fill it out.

Back