For you Marlin Lever gun guys. Happy Trigger.

Jerry45

My 1895 45/70 Guide Gun had a really nasty trigger, gritty and what I thought was a pretty stiff pull. I’ve read a lot about the Wild West Happy Trigger so decided to try one. I also ordered a Lyman digital trigger pull gauge. Both arrived yesterday. Really like the trigger pull gauge. Tested the stock trigger pull, 6 ½ Lbs. This morning I installed the Happy Trigger. WOW! Am I happy. Smooth as silk, breaks like glass at 2 Lbs. 10 Ozs. :D

I've had a happy trigger on my 1895 for a few years now, and you guys are going to be very happy with it. Thanks for testing your trigger pull. I tested mine and got the same reading you did but didn't want to believe it. I thought we tested it wrong somehow.

Be careful at the range! My first shot with my HT went just a little too soon for me. I was pointed downrange but wasn't used to it and boom. :o

No harm done but I show it more respect now.

I can see how someone that used to the stock trigger could get a BIG surprise with the Happy Trigger installed. I'm used to 1911s with 2.5 lb. triggers, my 700 is set to 2.5 and my Savages are all set for 2.5 so I was right at home with the new trigger. It makes me :D. Pointing gun down range is always a good idea. ;)

Glad I could help both. :)

My 1895 had a really floppy trigger. The Happy Trigger stopped the flop and reduced pull weight by a pound.

My 1894FG has had a Happy Trigger for 3 years now and it is the best thing that could have happened to the gun.
Too bad Marlin no longer makes the .41 Rem Mag rifle.

I had too many light primer strikes

My happy trigger came with a lighter hammer spring. They weren't at all difficult to install on my 1895 47-70, but I got a lot of light strikes. I replaced the light spring with the factory one & got my reliability back. The trigger is still lighter than factory and quite a bit crisper.

Back