For those that watched the debate...

STAGE 2

...did any of you notice that the "questions" that were asked of the republicans seemed far more "gotcha" than the ones asked of the democrats? Even ignoring the planted general who works for the clinton campaign, lots of the questions seemed really hostile and designed to try and trip up the candidates.

Anyone else get this feeling.

Not really, although I noticed a lack of "calling out" on the war for the Dem candidates. I personally like a format that's loaded with "gotcha" questions.

I also like for candidates to face tough questions. I think it is useful to point out where they fail, too. Nothing like that ever happens to the donkey party. Obviously Guiliani and Romney fail bigtime on 2A issues, and it was good for that to finally catch up to Rudy. McCain also tried to weasel his way out of it by playing the Vietnam card again. I was aghast, however, to see that every single one of them failed to defend the Confederate flag.

Many of the questions asked where posed by people working for Democrat candidate campaigns. Nothing wrong with that except CNN forgot to mention that these people work for the Democrats. That is pretty underhanded if you ask me. If that happen at a Democrat campaign, where the question are asked by Republicans working for a certain candidates it would be on the front page of every newspaper in America.

Several things I noticed from the debate...agree or disagree with me and draw your own conclusions...

Cooper tended to hand questions off to the 4 "major" candidates: Romney, Guliani (sp?), McCain and Thompson. Huckabee got OK air time as well. On questions asked off all the candidates, each should have had an opportunity to answer. Instead very little was heard from the "minor" candidates. Take the question on their gun collection. The responsible, ethical and fair way to field that as a moderator would be to start at either end of the stage and work to the other. It didn't happen.

The questions picked by CNN, especially for Paul, were ridiculous. 2 of his completely belittled him, IMHO. In the interest of fair disclosure, I am a supporter of Dr. Paul's. He has a reputation amongst many as a tin foil hat kind of guy. One of his 4 questions from the you tube submission was on the North American Union and so called conspiracy theories. Another said he wouldn't get the nomination, so would he run as an independent. The other "minor" candidates seemed to get the questions that were of little importance to the major issues in this country. This complete degraded the concept of a debate for the people, by the people, which seemed to be be CNN's premise.

I missed the democratic you tube debate so I can't comment on that part but I was disappointed in some of the questions and the lack of attention to RP, Tancredo and Hunter.

Back