For stock checkerers and gunsmiths on here

Dixie Gunsmithing

Moderator Emeritus
I ran across these grease pencils on eBay, at the best price I have seen. With S&H, 2 dozen cost me $5.93. The link to them is below, and no, it is not me selling them, they're from a company in IL.. These are combo-colored, with red, yellow, and dark blue.

These are great for laying out checkering patterns, so you can see the outline, especially freehand patterns. Grease pencils, or China markers, another name, are what is preferred for this, as the mark is easily removed from stock finish. They work well for layout in general stock making, too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-Berol-Mirado-Peel-Off-Assorted-China-Markers-/371217810546?hash=item566e4e4472

I can't see how they made any money on these, but I notice too, that they are meant for sell in Mexico, or in S.A. I use these all the time, and that was too much of a savings to pass up. Since they had so many, I figured I would let my Gunsmith friends know about it.

Notice the text on them, when you get yours, as they're in Spanish. Berol is British, and a division of Papermate. Office Depot, and other places, here, want a ten bucks a dozen or five for two on a card, for these.

Back