for george-bushing info

Harold

Want to buy a couple of match bushings for my colt delta.I have both a 10mm and a 40 colt govt 5" inch bbls.I've been told that the bushings for the delta 10mm are shorter than the ones in a 5" govt.I thought that they were the same length.Who is correct?Who puts out the best match bushing?

------------------

Harold, they are the same length. There are many good bushing makers. But if you just buy a drop-in your really cheating yourself. The tolerances allowed by a drop-in bushing defeat the purpose of it's being match grade. For ease of installation I like Briley and WCPI. Those are the ones I recommend when I'm building or rebuilding a 1911 for a customer. George

George & Harold, actually, the factory Delta 10mm bushings are shorter, commander length, for some reason as yet unexplained. Most folks I know have just replaced with a standard 1911 match bushing with no problems beyond the normal fitting routine. The factory recoil spring guides are pretty cheezy (plastic)on the 10mm also. A stock 1911 (45ACP) guide, with a shock buff if you wish, is far superior.

And I thought this was going to be some kind of humorus political post. :D

------------------
NRA, GOA
"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice"-Neil Peart
Vote in November.

BBBBill, I've never really noticed that. But then again I've only had 2 in the shop that I can remember. The replacement part # is the same as the Government model. George

Back