for anyone who might be interested, the steyr m9 is available now.

jdd

Inactive
ordered it about a month ago... just picked it up today... haven't shot it yet... to busy with christmas this weekend... hope to get out next weekend (new-years-eve)...

jdd,

I would really like to hear about your visit to the range with the M-9. I am thinking of picking up an M-9 for my wife/self.

JJCII

JJCII

sure... as soon as i can get a chance to shoot it... i also have a walther p99... i plan to take them both out together, so i can compare them...

I'll be buying my M9 next week. Look forward to hearing how things go at the range.

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.str.org/cgi-local/reflections.pl[/URL" TARGET=_blank>
[URL=http://www.str.org/cgi-local/daily_commentary.pl
</A>

I think Santa droped my presents at your hous by mistake! Let me know about the comparison. Is your P99 a 9mm as well? What did you pay for each?

gunpowder,

yes, my p99 is 9mm too... they were about the same price... $640-$650... something like that... not a great deal... i'm sure they could be bought cheaper... my pre-range impression is that i'm going to like shooting the m9 better than the p99 (trigger, sights, and maybe less muzzle-flip with m9 barrel sitting lower in your hand)... but, the p99 is prettier, and it does have hi-capacity magazines...

I had a chance to play with it at my local gun shop. Didn't like it. I'll stick with my Walther's and Ruger's, thank you!!

------------------
Just as there is no such thing as too much fun,
there is no such thing as owning just one gun!!!

Now, go do the right thing, and buy that Walther!!

defoote,

i love my p99... but, i don't really care much for the trigger... the long trigger pull can get annoying... mine has the new trigger that has a lot of curvature to it, which i find uncomfortable... and my finger gets sore from rubbing on the bottom of the trigger guard... i did have problems with 115 gr. ammo, like others on this forum... the cartridge would get caught in the slide on ejection... i replaced the recoil spring with the weaker one, and it seems to work ok now... i recently bought some proload 124+p, but i haven't had a chance to try it out yet... hope it works better... should i go back to the original recoil spring with the 124+p?

Back