football?

Rob Pincus

I'm no football fan, but at this time of year, with three teams undefeated and vying for the fiesta bowl I have let myself get distracted.

I saw one of the best games I've ever watched today as Miami defeated the until then undfeated UCLA Bruins 49-45.

Now tonight I have prepared a very large pot of very spicy venison chili, procured some Molson Ice and invited a few friends over to see if UT can indeed go 11 & 0. What would be great about that is that it would really annoy all those damn Peyton Manning fans around here that they did better after he left.

Point? It's too damn warm to hunt, I might as well watch a game.

------------------
-Essayons

Your dead on about this too warm business. Been running about in the pickemuptruck with all the windows open and short sleeves today. Tonight I've been looking at the moon from the balcony, while sipping Bombay & Lemon Bitters, 'cause its too dang warm to be inside! Can we expect beachfront property in New Mexico come spring?

Warm? We've been having refreshing winds sweep down from Alaska bringing a winter chill to Northern California. While the day began promising enough with the sky bright and sunny, the early morning brought upon us overcast and the afternoon a delightful light rain. Now, it's cats and dogs with an occasional blackout in some places. Opps, change cats and dogs to hail accompanied by howling winds.

Whoever coined the term, "Sunny California" was probably from Los Angeles or San Diego. Enjoy the game guys.

Gary

You know something's wrong when its Dec. 5 and there is no snow on the ground here in WI. Been in the 60's all week and the week of deer hunting.

well Rob, UT did it! i was glad to see them win. i still wish arkansas could have another crack at them though. it was almost 80 here yesterday, it hasn't been stopping the deer hunters, but i don't think the duck hunters are faring well. :)

------------------
fiat justitia

[This message has been edited by longhair (edited 12-06-98).]

I don't know about up there, but persoanlly I've spent about 24 hours in the woods looking for bucks and not found one worth shooting at and I spent about 4-5 hours looking for ducks and shot about 15. Both of those were split up over two days.

Yesterday made me consider watching football more often. Three great games.

------------------
-Essayons

Your best bet for a great game is college football. I actually like watching Div II or III games. Those are guys who know they don't really have much of a chance at the big time and consequently they're playing just for the fun of it. You can tell that they're really playing full out. I quit watching pro ball. You can tell when each player has fiqured that they've earned their pay for the day. Not to mention what I hear of the officiating nowadays.

Back