• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Fonts supported?

Kevinch

Is there anywhere I can find a list of the fonts supported by the "[font=??]" code tag?

I've been playing with my signature & would like to experiment with different fonts, but just typing at random & then checking to see if it changed is getting old.

Thanks,

Kevin

Who is Chris Mac Murtrie, - -

- - Ian?

Given the sentiments and the sound and similarity of the surname, I would almost venture a guess that there's some familial connection.:)

Johnny

Arial Black
Book Antiqua
Comic Sans MS
Georgia
Impact
Tohoma
Trebuchet MS
Script MS Bold
Stencil
Veranda
Lucida Console
Exocet
News Gothic

ahenry - On my computer, the only fonts that look any different are: Arial Black, Comic Sans MS, Georgia, Impact, Trebuchet MS, and Script MS Bold.

All the others just look like the standard Verdana font.

It may have to do with the fonts I have installed on my computer, or the version of Internet Exploder I am using. :confused:

I dunno. To me Exocet, and News Gothic look the same, but I looked at them in Word and they looked the same there too. Since I found these as UBB supportable fonts I assumed I just wasn't good a noticing the difference. On your list of similar looking fonts I can tell a differnece between Book Antiqua, Tohoma, Stencil (an obvious bolded font), and Lucida Console. Maybe you do have to have those fonts installed. As easy check would be to check in Word to see if you have those fonts.

I was hoping you would chime in here, Hermit.

I was thinking of your sig-line when this thread first came up.

Thanks for the info! :)

The font support is just a standard font tag, it will support any font you want to put in there. BUT, it has to be installed on your computer to view it. So, just because you can see it doesn't mean everyone else will be able too.

Back