Folding Stocks

they make it easier to stow your SG in a dresser drawer or boat locker, they suck if you have to shoot it.
Give me a 1-piece stock for shooting anyday.

I have a Butler Creek folding stock on my pre-ban Mini-14. Okay, it's not a shotgun, but the idea is the same -- it's hard as h*** to get a good cheek weld on those folding stocks!

IMHO, the only decent "folding" stock that allows a nice cheek weld is the telescoping style stock found on the pre-ban AR15 variants and the new Benelli M4.

HTH,

Justin

You may want to also consider the Sage Technologies collapsing stock for the Remington 870 (only model it is made for). it has a pair of struts that collapse along the sides of the receiver in three positions for closed, fully extended, and 2/3 extended (when wearing body armor or heavy clothing). While I have not had the chance to try it (have to get an 870 first), it looks sturdy and has a nice thick buttpad. It too would gice the user problems with getting a good cheek weld, but I thought it would be better than the Remington factory folder. The only problem is I do not know if Sage is still in business, and the last catalog that I received from the place I ordered my stock from (Brownells) does not have them in the catalog. Perhaps they might still stock them, but not list them.

Back