Folding Stock for Mossberg

Steve B

Does anyone make a folding stock for the Mossburg 500 or 590? I haven`t seen one anywhere, but think it would be a practical thing to compliment the pistol grip.

I'm sure someone out there makes one for the Mossy, but....

I've never seen anyone shoot a folder as well as a standard stock, but then I've only been shooting shotguns for 40-couple years.

Do yourself a favor, shoot one set up like this before you shell out your money....

I'm waiting for a Butler Creek folding stock for the Mossberg 500 to show up in my mailbox. Many have observed that folding stocks can degrade performance; I'm getting one for compact storage (special requirements), and am theorizing that an Optima 2000 sight may help compensate for the lack of a good cheek weld. I'll report on the results in a few weeks.

Good luck, Carl, but....

IME, technology's a poor substitute for expertise. I realize your situation is a special case, but still I regard a folder and/or PG stock with an extremely jaundiced eye.

Steve, I generally agree with Dave. Don't bother with a folding stock unless you've become very familiar with a number of guns, have tried a folder, and can demonstrate a good reason to use a folding stock. My use of one is born of a strange twist of NY law; without stupid laws I'd just use a normal rifle instead of this frankenstein I'm building.

I believe Choate makes one. You can get them from CTD as mentioned above or from Bushmaster (http://www.bushmaster.com).

Justin

Back