Foggy Windows: Can't Defend Our Castle

Point Blank

For some reason our house windows have been fogging up so bad at night i cannot properly "defend our castle" :p Living in a "bad area" part of my nightime routine is peepin out my windows if our neighbors or our dogs are barking. It is so bad its very hard to observe at night. I have tried that "No Fog" stuff sold in automotive departments with no luck. Anyone have any suggestions short of "spit" :rolleyes: that i can apply so i will be able to guard our shack at night?? Thanks for any replies!!

shave cream?

PB try shaving gel on the glass it realy works on mirrors. Or if you own the house buy retofit replacement windows which have double insulated glass ( they wont fog). If you have the money you can get video s/cameras and
monitor from the safety of your tv room without showing your face in the window (Target)..Sounds like you have to much humidity building up vent the room. Hope this helps....;)

I will try some shaving gel tommorrow,thanks. Its a old shack..but paid for. The video camera's and monitors idea sounds very good also. Thanks!!

The colder it gets outside, the more the humidity in your home will condense on the windows. If the chemicals on the glass wont do it your only other two options are to run the air conditioner which acts as a dehumidifier, or buy one of them portable dehumidifier units to run when it gets cold out...

Living in a "bad area" part of my nightime routine is peepin out my windows
I know this is not a solution to your foggy windows, but rather to your sleepless nights. How about instead of spreading shaving gel on your window panes you sell the place and move the hell out of Atlanta, to some nearby town, like Roswell. The personal crime index is ten times higher in Atlanta than in Roswell, and it's about 30 minutes away.

Might want to look into motion sensing lights near the windows as well. Barking dogs + lights that turn on automatically generally equals steer clear.

Probably the best, but the houses in Roswell are 10 times higher than in Atlanta too.

That much? Boy... Been some years since I visited Roswell. Always liked that place. Didn't realize it went up that much. Oh, well.

T. Labren

Double insulated replacement windows: great until the contractor grade ones that came with my house lose the seal. Then, you've got foggy drippy windows again! Time to replace.

Les' see: 14 windows x $250 (minimum)=fewer gun purchases.

But seriously, Point Blank: try a small fan pointed at your favorite peeking window. This might circulate and dry the air enough to clear the window.

I hate what ifs...

Coati, How about if he goes to the local wrecking yard and buys a window defroster from a Buick and installs it on the windows he can run ducting to all the windows and have the switch mounted next to the heater control...HE HE . I like my buddies Idea. He took a Military periscope viewer and installed it near the garage door we can move it to view 360 degrees and it's even bullet proof. Damn! us Cajuns are crafty...:D

Rub a block of parrafin wax on the window (both sides) and polish it smooth with a cloth.

No more fogging.

Cost: $1.50

Back