FN49 Springs & things

k98dave

Inactive
Just won an auction on a very crisp Lux FN49 and was looking to find extra springs etc. Its on its way and should be here in a couple of days. I went ahead ordered new FP springs from Numrich Arms but didn't see and other springs in their parts lists. Anyone know of any sources. I'm not sure if this rifle has the old one piece FP or the newer two piece. From what I have seen the replacement two piece rear pins don't appear to have the safety slot in them. Guess a gunsmith could cut the fp safety slot if needed.

Thanks for any suggestions

A gunsmith could cut and drop the thing's value by half.
Coil springs do not lose temper from age. Nor do coil springs lose temper from being compressed. Flat springs might get work hardened at the bends, but they don't lose temper from age either.
The only spare parts you might need are a firing pin and an extractor.
This is easier to read than Gunparts' list.
http://stevespages.com/ipb-fn-semiautomatic.html

Thanks for the parts breakdown, but I don't get the comment about dropping value? I'm talking about the slot that's milled into the rear of the firing pin for the firing pin safety stop (# 10 & # 14 on the parts list you linked.) Its on most of the guns (except Egypt I think) The replacement (ie non FN) two piece pins don't appear to have this slot.

Last edited:
I have a grenade launcher laying around for a while. It looks like it goes to a FN-49, but it is graduated in yards. I don't know a lot about the LUX model. Could it go to that?

Back