FN49 Rear Firing Pin

k98dave

Inactive
I ordered two piece FP parts for my Lux 06, Just got my rear firing pin from SARCO and in spite of the photo on their order page it does not have the slot for the FP safety. :mad: My Question is if canthe rear section without the slot still be used? I know the safety feature will not be there but would it even fit properly without the slot. Any suggestions on having the little slot cut into it?

Thanks

Nope, I have this. Explains the functions of the FP safety, but nothing on being able to use rear section that doesn't have the slot.:confused:

Well I answered my own question so thought I would share if anyone is interested: You can install the non safety slotted rear pin, but since the safety catch has no way to fall into the non slotted rear section it will stick up and prevent the bolt from fitting into the carrier. To fix this I did a careful layout using the old firing pin to get the location of the slot marked on the new rear section. Using a Dremel tool and diamond cut wheel (several) I cut the slot into the new rear pin. Cleaned up any sharp edges and polished it all up with 600 & 800 paper. Works just fine.:)

Back