FN Police Shotgun

Billy Sparks

While web surfing yesterday I noticed a add on the Fulton Armory webpage about a FN Police shotgun that they are selling. Has anyone heard of one of these? Or better yet seen one in the flesh and handled it. It looked a look like a 870 but I couldn't be sure.

Yep, it's a Winchester 1300 Defender. FN owns (or maybe it's FN's parent company owns) US Repeating Arms that makes the Winchester 1300's. Basically they're just making them in a slightly different configuration and stamping the FN name on them. The FN Police gun is nearly identical to the Winchestert camp Defender except that it has an 18" barrel instead of the Camp Defenders 22" tube.

I looked at them a coupel months ago before I bought my 590A1. Actually a pretty nice setup IMO and I'm still tempted to get one. My local shop had a price of somewhere in the ballpark of $359 or so on them. Which doesn't seem too bad until you realize the nearly identical Camp Defender sells for $259. Apparently the FN name is worth an extra $100 right there ;).

Back