FN Minimi or PK

Firepower!

Recently I came across a dealer who is selling FN Minimi and PK. I am hard pressed to make a choice which to get. PK is cheaper but heavier and longer nevertheless fires 54Rs. Whereas FN Minimi is lighter, expensive and fire 5.56.

Price is not my concern, but I think I should get one since I will have to go lenghts to obtain a license.

Will appreciate your insights and experiences.

Hands down, the 7.62x54R. If you're not having to hump the ammo around, it's worth it to use a larger caliber.

well minimi is for about 10000 and pk is about 2000$. With 8000$ i can buy lots and lots of ammo about 32000 rounds. Yes i guess you are right. It make more sense now to get pk and 32000 rounds, which hit lot further than 5.56!

Availability and ease of use of the belts is another concern you might want to think about; the Minimi uses disintegrating-link belts, meaning you have to spend a LONG time re-linking them as you reload the belt (though you can use M16 mags in addition to the belts), while the PK/PKM uses belts that stay in one piece.

SDC...very good advice on links issue. Did not think of it. However it is important since for these items you cannot get belts frequantly, so must reuse, and, therefore, its an important factor.

The recoil on PK kicks hard.

Back