FN Mauser circa 1950

Sodbuster

Is anyone familiar with FN Mausers from this time? I've seen one in .270 for sale that looks very intriguing. Seller is asking $900. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Assuming you are talking about the FN sporter, not a modified military rifle, I can say that they are good rifles and accurate.

But they were a common sporting rifle in that period, sold under several brand names, including Sears. Unless it is the presentation grade (engraved and with select wood and checkering), it is not worth $900, even in new condition. New condition ones go for around $650; in average used condition (85%), they run about $450. Ones with other names go for $100 or so less.

Jim

You are correct, Jim, it is a sporter, not a modified version of a military model. It is billed as an FN rifle. I've only seen pictures of it at gunsamerica, which aren't the best quality. The furniture appears to be walnut that is checkered. No grade is mentioned. Just a nice looking rifle, but probably not $900 nice. Thanks for the info, Jim.

Back