FN High Power?

If they do - it will be the FN Hi Power DA... Think of it as the Hi Power Double Eagle.
While I like the Hi Power... I have misgivings about this one. I Want to like it... I Hope I will like it... But I might not like it.

Ian11, FN has stated that the HP as we now know it, single action cocked and locked, will be avail early next year. It will only avail in the std MKIII version (no Practical's...etc) and chambered only in 9mm, with the .40 to follow sometimes later.

This is PURE conjecture but there have been enough of the Browning remakes/clones such as the DA/SA Highpower., knock offs and the rest to justify the reimport by FN of the "classic" single action BHP.

I figure and again this is a guess. FN, if they go through with the plan will try to import the classic BHP and then if sales go well, keep in mind the Highpower in 9mm is a standard military side arm in many countries, more will follow.

The 9mm BHP in the U.S. is a pure test market to see what happens. ie; Do they sell or not.

Then if they (9mm) sell the 40S&W will follow.

Sorry to say but I feel the increased "guvmint" regulation and bottom line will drive the decision by FN.

Here's the exact message I received from FN. It should answer your questions:

Dear Mr. Martin,

Thank you for your inquiry on the Hi-Power pistol. We plan to import
some
pistols designated HP-SA9 that are made in Belgium with the military
finish.
We expect the first delivery in early 2001. The suggested retail price
is
$609.75. The first pistols will be 9mm followed by 40 S&W. We don't
have
plans to bring in other versions, but if the market is strong for these
pistols, we will consider other