FN Forty-Nine

Lightsped

Anyone have any experience or knowledge of how the new FN Forty-Nine pistols perform? How much are 9mm versions of this gun going for? I am unable to find any on the internet gun auction sites....

I checked CDNN and they don't appear to sell complete guns. They just sell stuff like mags, barrels, grips, holsters, etc....

Any other ideas where I might find a new FN Forty-Nine 9mm pistol?

CDNN sells all types of handguns and rifles. They have some really good deals to. I get there flyer, which comes monthly with all types of goodies for sale, many not listed on there website. They do not list any FN in 9mm though.

I looked at one two weeks ago. Interesting shape, and the grip seemed to be too small without the magazine. The worst part was the trigger. It seemed to pull forever, just too long and difficult for a handgun. Now the one I looked at was in .40, so I am not sure if these observations also apply to the 9mm varient.

Keep the feedback comming. This gun has proven very difficult to find info for on the internet.
In case anyone is unsure of the gun in question, here is a pic....

0010FT2A.jpg

From what I understand, it came from the mind of the guy who designed the Sigma for S&W. Same basic design. The pre-production guns were really nice, and handled well. The production guns had been 'cheapened' and has real POS triggers. The engineers said they were planning an upgrade to improve the trigger. Don't know if it ever happened.

Hmmmm...... intersting. I read a gun review in one of the recent gun mags this month and they liked the FN Forty-Nine alot. I think it was Guns and Ammo.....

Guns & Ammo: Handguns magazine, January 2001 issue has a whole write up on it. They compare it as a direct dirivitive(sp?) to the Browning HP.

It's one of the more handsome autos to come out as of late. It has good lines. Classic looking.
Now, I imagine getting this gun and having an artisan smith touch it up trigger and action wise - You would have a keeper.

i am offended. the only thing the forty nine has in common with the hp is it came from fn. the one i shot was akward, PLASTIC, terrible trigger. someone has hurt my hp's feelings.

kdub

Back