FN-FAL Trade - What Would You Do?

Glock9Mil

Inactive
OK Here's What I've Got Going:

Found a FN-FAL STG58 (Not a Century Arms):
Imbel of Brazil "Metric" Receiver
STG58 Kit imported by DS Arms (before they started keeping them for their own rifles).
"Medium" Weight Barrel (Chrome lined, Steyr stamp on barrel).
Matching Serial Numbers - Lower receiver, bolt, bolt Carrier and barrel).
Steel cocking handle with aluminum knob.
Bolt Hold-Open works after last shot fired.
Forestock is steel with folding bipod and sling swivel.
Folding carrying handle.
Black synthetic stock and pistol grip (not thumbhole).

I don't have a battle type rifle in my gun safe and thought this might be a good one.

So I offered the owner the following in trade, which he accepted, pending my decision to trade or not.

Here's what I offered:

Colt 1991-A1, Govt., 45ACP, Matte Blue, Original no Modifications - Well Used. No Box

Ruger Bisley Vaquero, 45LC, 4 5/8", SST, Wood Grips, Original no Modifications - New in Factory Box.

My deliemma is in not knowing enough about the rifle I'm considering trading for's value.

What Would You Do? Trade, Yes or No?

Sorry for the long post but I'm suffering from gun trader's "Brain Cramp" right now. :0)

Thanks in Advance.

[This message has been edited by Glock9Mil (edited April 01, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Glock9Mil (edited April 01, 2000).]

If the rifle is a Century Arms type rifle (and I am no expert), it wholesales for about $575.

Here in SC, your handguns would be worth about $750 or so. (4 for the 1911, 350 for Ruger)

Figure the shipping and at least 10% (FFL fee) for the rifle and add the $$ for any magazines for the rifle..

Looks like your within a $100 or so. Lots of variables here. The prices in your area may be very different from here. I add $100 for anything I can get with no 4473.

YMMV!

Giz

Do you know who assembled the kit on the receiver? Depending on who did it the FAL could be a steal or a mess. Generally a kit gun goes for around $600-$750.

Sounds like they added the appropriate number of US made parts (p-grip, plastic handguards, so on) to make it comply with Sec922r. They did replace the flashsuppressor/combo device with a permenantly installed muzzle brake, right?

I believe that STGs (and most other FALs) had a chromed chamber only.

If the rifle shoots straight, I would make that trade. Simple as that.

------------------
Guns cause crime like spoons cause Rosie O'Donnell to be fat!

I hunt, therefore I am.

Back