FM- HI Power Questions

Redlg155

Fellow Shooters,

I just recently purchased a new FM HI-Power and would like to know is this is a reasonably reliable clone of the Browning HP.

On the slide is stamped FM-HI POWER INDUSTRIA ARGENTINA. Serial Numbers on the slide, frame and Barrel are identical and it is chambered for the 9mm para cartridge. It has a 13rd magazine and a magazine disconnect safety. The External hammer has a round hammer spur with a hole in the center. It also has low profile 3 dot sights, and a black matter finish on he entire pistol with wrap around rubber pachmayer type grips with finger grooves.

I gave 250 for this pistol, well actually I worked a trade out but on my end, but the value of my trade was worth a true $250. I have no idea what the value of these pistols are today. I usually research my butt off before I buy a weapon, but I saw this one and had to have it. I only intend to use this weapon for secondary home defence for the wife when I have my G36 on me and am not at home, and for a cheap target practice weapon. The .45 ammo can be a bit pricey.

Any imput from you guys concerning the quality of this weapon would be greatly appreciated.

Red

The FM Hi-Power is made under license from FN in Argentina by that government's national armory. It is probably the closest to the FN-Browing Hi-Power but I believe there are some minor items that are different.

The FMs are usually not as well machined and may use a lower-quality steel than the FN Hi-Powers but are generally very good guns - especially for a limited budget.

Check out http://www.fnhipower/ or search the arhives here and I am sure you will find lots of useful information on this gun.

Flusher,

I don't see any importer stamps on this weapon. Perhaps there is a proof mark or armory stamp hidden somewhere, but it isn't bold like some importers that stamp the company name on the slide or frame.

Do you like the weapon? So far I've searched as many websites as possible, including the one Mr Roberts reccommended and have yet to find any information on this particular pistol. I'm sure that I can find something in the Shotgun news to help trace the weapon down, but It would be interesting to have input from owners.

Thanks
Red

Back