Flying to California

imp

I'm flying to San Diego next month and driving a friends car back to NC. I am not going unarmed. I know the protocol for flying firearms, but I've never been to such a firearm unfriendly state as California either. Where can I get a list of guns that are California OK, as well as information about state specific laws that will effect my travel?

Try Calguns.com. IIRC you are ok with mags 10rds or less and no forward grip on a pistol. Any pistol will do. I don't think there is a restriction on any model pistol it is over 10rds mags and features on EBRs that have heavy restrictions. And while transporting have the gun in a locked case seperate from the ammo with both out of your reach. I lock the ammo in a box as well, when I travel within CA. No EBRs with pistol grip unless you remove the pistol grip while in CA and the model is not on a list. Better to leave the EBRs at home. Check over at Calguns. Good luck relax and enjoy your time in CA. :)

I fly to LAX and SFO on a regular basis out of both O'Hare and Milwaukee's Mitchell airport. I always have a 1911 in my checked luggage (mainly because it cuts at least half an hour of waiting in line, every time :D). Never had a problem with it but I don't know if something with a "hi-cap" magazine would give you trouble. Then again, I've never had to unlock and open the case. They just put the little orange/red card on top and motion me through. :o

Back