Fluted 22 Mag cylinder for Ruger?

rballi

I just got a Ruger 3 screw Single Six. The serial number has a 20- Prefix. It is not marked magnum anywhere, but it is. The cylinder is Fluted and is chambered for 22 Mag. Did Ruger make a Fluted 22 Mag cylinder? Did someone rechamber the 22 LR cylinder? Is it a replacement cylinder?

Roy

:cool: I am not 100 percent positive on the single six but the super single six comes with cylinders for both .22 lr and .22 mag.
If it reads .22 mag you should be good to go but never shoot .22lr in it. Contact Ruger for a free saftey upgrade and possibly a .22 lr cylinder for the gun. Some people have not liked the accuracy of the singe six and super single six but mines not bad and alot of fun to shoot. I have a 9 1/2 inch barrel on it and have thought about seeing if a gun smith could drill and tap it for some kind of scope mount.

Hope this was some help and hope you enjoy your gun.

good shootin

Ruger did make fluted mag cylinders. I am not sure of the particulars, but even some new models came this way before the change to unfluted.

I don't think the Magnum cylinder came Unfluted until after the change to the New Model Single Six's.

My Dad's old 3 screw single six has the fluted mag cylinder.

Back