Florida "Open Carry" Bill - Proposed Revisions - I Think It Will Pass

It looks like a good start. We won’t get everything we want on the first try, but this sets the stage for unlicensed open carry, including the carry of long guns, which is what we ought to have.

The bill doesn’t mention long guns at all. That’s a problem, since SCOTUS included them as “arms” protected under the “keep and bear” provisions of the 2nd A.

Oh, well. One step at a time. It took us a century to lose our rights, it’ll take several years, at least, to get them back.

I have a Florida CCW but still want this bill to become law (in one form or another). Would love to see other states take this same approach.

I skimmed the bill last night. Can you in a nutshell just put it in regular english? It seems like a good thing and I was about to send it to my buddy in FL, but then I wasn't sure if some of the link from the OP was the current bill and some of it the new, proposed bill.

I wasn't sure if some of the link from the OP was the current bill and some of it the new, proposed bill.

It is actually, both. The way that it reads, is the current law. The underlined sections, words and phrases are what the bill would include, if passed, and the crossed out parts would be removed from the present statue.

Back