Floating chamber frozen with lead

Benton

The floating chamber of my HK .22 is heavily clogged with the lead which has shaved into the gap between the chamber and barrel. So heavily, in fact, that I can not separate the parts for cleaning and it will no longer function.

Does anyone know a way to loosen these pieces so that they may be separated? I've had the same problem with my Colt Series 70 conversion kit, but never so badly.

Thanks for any ideas.

This is the HK P7 K3, a slightly smaller version of the P7 squeeze cocking pistol. They also make it in .380 and .32. This one is in .22 Long Rifle and seems to work on the same principle as the Colt Ace's floating chamber mechanism.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Intel6:
What HK are we talking about here? I didn't know they made one with a floating chamber?
[/quote]

That was the only thing I could think it might be. I have two complete HK4 sets and a conversion for my HK91 so I knew it wasn't either of them. I thought of the P7K3 but I didn't know if it had a floating chamber or not.

I had the same problem in my Colt series 70 conversion and it was extremely clogged up. I think I soaked it in solvent, clamped the barrel in a vise and slowly worked it back and forth with padded vise grips until it loosened up. Once I had the chamber out I scraped out as much as I could and then hooked both pieces up to a Foul-out to get the rest of the lead out.

Good luck

If they are like the Colt unit, sometimes there is no answer except brute force. Intel6 has a good answer, and I don't know a better one.

Jim

Back