Float tube questions

Correia

Are the threads on the upper receiver of the AR15, AR10, and Sr25 the same? Will they accept the same float tube? Are the threads from the different manufacturers of AR15's the same?

Seems like I've seen this question elswhere. The threads by the various AR manufacturers are all the same. There's a quick way to find out the answer about the AR-10: Call Brownell's; ask for technical assistance, or call the manufacturer of the tubes (like DPMS) or the rifle manufacturer.

------------------
Shoot to kill; they'll stop when they're dead!

Walter, you did see this thread elsewhere, I started it over in the smithy and didn't get any responses, so I moved it over here. Thanks.

BTW, if the threads are the same, I'd highly recommend the DPMS tube, unless you want spend $100+. By all means, stay away from the Hogue Overmolded. The Hogue is flimsy, won't take a barrel nut wrench. The DPMS is well made, has a large i.d. than the Hogue, and can be installed with a standard barrel nut wrench and torque wrench. (Hogue actually recommends on their packaging the use of a leather belt and channel locks.) I guarantee you that you can't properly torque a tube like that. I spoke with somebody named Hogue regarding the problems that I had with my two Hogue tubes, and he didn't have a clue about AR's.

Back