flintlock help

steveroyer

Inactive
Hi,
I was wondering if someone could please help me identify this flintlock pistol. I have added photos. It has a Crown & a C on several parts. It also has some engraving on the side.
Thanks

Attachments

• flintlock01_2.jpg
    flintlock01_2.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 87
  • flintlock03_4.jpg
    flintlock03_4.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 55
  • flintlock05_6.jpg
    flintlock05_6.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 53
Almost impossible to properly ID from a picture. Everybody and his brother plus all his cousins made pistols like that. However, I suspect it's vintage vs a re-pro. Might be more markings under the stock.
What's it say on the lock plate in picture 05?

I believe it says Mre Rle de Tulle & that it is a French Cavalry flintlock pistol.

Any idea of value in this condition?
Thanks

It being a Cavalry flintlock pistol makes a great deal of sense. The loop thingy is for sliding under a belt. Mind you, a net search for 'Mre Rle de Tulle' turns up 161,000 sites. Mostly about similar pistols but percussion and French Marines using 'em. Tulle is the arsenal where it was made.
Like this one that's in way better condition. Look familiar? You won't get $10,925, but I can teach you some words(in French) to express your feelings. Get us both kicked off the forum though. snicker.
https://www.cowanauctions.com/lot/m...ine-single-shot-flintlock-pistol-tulle-169989

I'd clean it up, test for function, load it up and carry it or keep it for home defense.

You only have one shot, but it's a powerful shot. No point in keeping a good and useful weapon in the cupboard.

Back