• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Flash Suppressor and bayonet lug

Broadside

Inactive
I was just wondering if it would be possible to add a flash suppressor and bayonet lug to the AR-15 on the opening page of the forum.

I know that the opening page has had the same picture for quite a while. However, I thought it would be appropriate to add the both since the Federal Gun Ban ended in 2004.

:)

Interesting idea! However, I'm not sure those old graphics are easily editable at this time. They probably are, but I don't even know where they are located.

Piece of easy...

The original image is here:
http://thefiringline.com/images/fl_gun1.gif

fl_gun1.gif

It's the work of a moment to do this -- a bit crude, but:

attachment.php

But, heck -- why not go the whole nine yards?

attachment.php

OK, yah, I know, the copyright thing... but I'm just back from the lake and I'm putting off working. :o

Attachments

• new_fl_gun1.GIF
    new_fl_gun1.GIF
    4.3 KB · Views: 273
  • ninja_gun1.GIF
    ninja_gun1.GIF
    6 KB · Views: 270
Vanya, you did the third pic and didn't use any 3rd party copyrighted material, and give TFL permission to use it?

edit... second image, not the third image.

If Mal likes it I'd be happy to replace the existing one.

Uhm...

I'm sorry to say that I am NOT in favor of the third pic at all.

We're actually a fairly serious forum, and that picture is neigh on ludicrous.

We're not a BOPOS forum.

We're a firearms forum.

Oh, I meant the second image. I agree the super gadget Barrett is over the top.

(The reason I see that first link twice is that I have images disabled, so that embedded image I was seeing as a link.)

Umm, yeah, the third image is what's technically known as a "joke." It was actually meant as a comment on the notion that the original needs changing. I think it's fine the way it is; overall, that page is a very nice design.

And thanks, Shane, for the vote of confidence in my general Seriousness and Righteousness. ;)

Tyme (and Mal), I'm glad you liked the second image. Here's a link to the photo from which I swiped the new, "accessorized" barrel:

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...+bayonet+lug&hl=en&sa=N&gbv=2&tbm=isch&itbs=1

I guess Bushmaster probably holds the copyright, since it's an advertising image. (Naughty of me, I know.) But, hey, if SWAT Magazine asked them for permission to borrow the barrel...?

That said, if you did want to use it, I'd be happy to waive whatever rights my Photoshopping gives me to it. Be flattered, too. :)

Back