flambeau case ?

rebs

Thius case had a sticker on it that it will not rust your firearms. Has anyone kept a rifle in one of these cases for very long ?

Flambeau makes a plasticized rust inhibitor. They incorporate some of this in their case, usually in the form of dividers. The case is not made of the inhibitor plastic, just the dividers or panels inside it. Take them out and you have a standard, non-air tight case. Not sure how well it works, but it sounds reasonable.

I have a flambeau case from years ago. Single rifle, foam interior, and didn't see any "no rust" sticker. I kept a bull barrel blued 22 rifle in it. It didn't rust, however I kept the rifle lightly oiled and the case was in a temperature controlled house.

The general environment is more important as long as you keep a light coat of oil. Too cold and you will get condensation then rust. That's why some put small heating elements in their safes to keep it a little warmer than the air around and for circulation.

Some people have foam that degrades into goo from certain chemicals but I've never had that with any of my foam cases. Not in a reaction to oil anyways.

Back